1 Kilobyte (k) = 1000 bytes
EZ-Net Tools™ login page with graphics (43k)
50 mb of web space can hold 1163 web pages of equal size.
Microsoft Home Page with graphics (64.6k)
50 mb of web space can hold 774 web pages of equal size.
- Files can be uploaded individually or in groups ranging from 2 to 20.
- No more than 2 Megabytes of data can be uploaded at one time.
- Filenames can only contain letters, numbers, _ and -. Spaces are not allowed.
- Click on the Upload Files button; the upload files window will open.
- Select the number of files you wish to upload in the “Number of Files to Upload” drop down menu. You don’t have to have the exact number of files to upload. If you are not uploading enough files to fill all the boxes the system will ignore these blank boxes.
- In the “Files will be uploaded to:” drop down menu select which directory you would like them stored in. You will need to create a custom folder beforehand if you want to place files in a special folder.
- Click on “browse” button next to the first blank text box. Your Browser will now open a window, which allows you to search your own computer for the files you wish to upload. If you are using Netscape their search window by default will search for web pages, which end in an .html extension. You will need to set the file type to “all” in the Netscape search window if you are uploading files other than web pages; otherwise the files you want will not display in the search window. If you already know the location of the file you wish to upload, you can simply type the file path for that file in the blank text box. Make sure when you save or create files on your local computer you wish to upload to the server later, that you save them in a location you know you will be able to easily find again.
- Repeat step four until you have selected all of the files you intend to upload.
- If you entered the wrong file names the “Clear” button will clear all the text boxes.
- Click on the “Upload” button to complete the upload.
- A report will now display how many files were successfully uploaded and any errors that occurred. It also includes the time the upload took and how fast the files were sent.
- You may now continue uploading files by hitting the “Upload More Files” button or the “Close” button close the upload files window and return you to the EZ-File Manager main menu.
- Click on the “Users” button; a new window will open.
- The “Create User” button allows you to create a new user. Enter a “User Name” and a “Password.” A valid user name consists only of upper or lower case letters, numbers, and underscores and is between 1 and 15 characters long. Passwords are case sensitive and must be between 4 and 15 characters. Give this user ID and password to the individual who you would like to be able to access the directory.
- Click on “Add” to add that particular user. Click on “Add and Create Another” to add that particular user and create another user. Click on “Cancel” if you change your mind. The “Delete Selected” button allows you to delete certain users you have selected in the list. First select the user(s) by clicking on the box next to their user name. Then click on “Delete Selected” to delete them from the list. You will see some “Actions” that you are able to perform for each user. The “edit” action allows you to edit their user name and password. The “view” action allows you to change the user’s permissions (access) to certain directories. You may modify the user’s permissions by selecting or deselecting the desired directories.
- The “Close” button allows you to exit Users.
- Click on the “Create Folder” button.
- Type in the name of the directory you wish to create. The instructions above the text box, lists some restrictions to the type of directories you can create.
- Click OK to submit the change or hit cancel if you have changed your mind.
- The new directory should now appear in the file list.
- Select the file(s) you would like to copy, by clicking on the box that is next to the filename.
- Click on “Copy” in the EZ-File Manager.
- The copy window will now open. From the list of directories displayed, select the directory you would like your copied files to be sent to.
- Click on the “Copy” button in the copy screen.
- Your files have now been copied to the directory you indicated.
- Select the file you would like to rename, by clicking on the box that is next to the filename. Only one file can be renamed at once.
- Click on the “Rename” button.
- The rename window will now open with a single text box. In this text box, type in the new name you would like to give the file. A valid file name is limited to 40 characters and may only contain upper and lower case letters, numbers, -, and _. Spaces are not allowed.
- Click on the “Rename” button in the Rename screen. Or, if you change your mind click on “Cancel.”
- Your file will now be displayed in the file list with its new name.
- Select the file(s) you would like to move, by clicking on the box that is next to the filename.
- Click on the “Move” button.
- The move window will now open. A list of all the directory paths in your web space will be displayed. Select the directory from the list that you would like to move the file(s) to.
- Click on the “Move” button to complete the move, or click on “Cancel” to go back to the EZ-File Manager menu without moving any files.
- The files have now been moved to the designated directory. Note: if you move files that you have already linked to; your links will no longer work, just like your desktop icons in Windows. Your files have changed location and the link is pointing to the files’ previous locations. You will need to setup these links again.
Warning: If you delete a folder, it will delete everything in that folder and the files or directories within are non recoverable.
Note: There are some files that cannot be deleted. These are system generated files and work in conjuction with the features that are a part of your account. Deleting these files can cause adverse efects to your account and are not recommended to be deleted. For this reason they do not have the option for you to delete them.